Hughes Pumps manufacturers pumps rated to 2800bar & 375kW (40,000psi and 500hp), used for water jetting, industrial cleaning, cutting and pumping applications in oil & gas, petrochemical, ship repair, construction, marine and other industries. We are the only manufacturer in the UK of this specialist type of pump.
We are looking for a motivated & accomplished CNC Machinist to join our team. You must have experience of working in a precision engineering environment and have a keen eye for detail.
Main purpose of the job:
To produce high quality components, in line with drawing tolerances & conditions, efficiently & accurately, as required by our specifications.
- Skilled CNC machine programmer/setter/operator, with experience of Heidenhain controlled Vertical Milling Machine and Fanuc Control CNC Turning machines. Any Mazak Integrex experience would also be desirable.
- Time served engineer with good general CNC machining experience.
- Flexible, courteous, friendly, and positive approach
- Able to interpret engineering drawings.
- Able to use a wide variety of measuring & inspection equipment.
- Able to work under own initiative.
- Eligible to work in UK.
- Produce accurate, high-quality components with optimum efficiency.
- Ensure all programmes are saved as per company procedures.
- Competently set & operate CNC turning machines using operating systems for each machine.
- Plan & specify tooling requirements for production, including any jigs & fixtures or special cutting tools.
- Carry out inspection, including first-off inspection of colleagues work.
- Hours of work are 8.00am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday, 8.00am to 3.30pm on a Friday (39 hours) with a 30-minute break
- Overtime is available on occasions but is not guaranteed. Staff are expected to work additional hours when required to meet critical deadlines.
- Private health care (after qualifying period)
- 25 days holiday
- Workplace pension
- 3-month trial period